Skip to main content

Taco day

Yesterday was Taco day! man I love those girls from Orinoco, they make seriously real soft taco's that are just so freaking awesome, every thursday I feel like I'm sitting with a good friend at a little Mexican place called Joanafina's on Ventura beach, some very good times. Oh and I have to mention Steve, he makes sausages... choriso's, salami, damn he's stuff is just fantastic. If you are ever in St Georges Mall up at the top where it meets the Company Gardens, on a thursday make sure you come to the food market, it's really worth popping in.

Tuesday night was comedy night and I had the good fortune to catch Welsh Comedian Rhod Gilbert, and for me he is without doubt one of the most hilarious stand ups I've seen. I had to include this clip about the luggage, it had me rolling around laughing my ass off, I'm still looking for it...lol 


I finished this cover up on Paul today the original was a type exercise that was miss quoted and really badly done, scaring the skin. Paul wanted some sort of "Day of the Dead" inspired piece, and I put the following together for him.


Cover ups alway tend to put a lot of pressure on the design and choice of style, but having an open mind to size, and enough patience, I think a hell of a lot can be achieved so that the old piece is just not there any longer. There are tricks like creating a focal point else where, but that's not always something that can be achieved, but I think this piece has achieved what a good cover up should do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo