Skip to main content

Escalate

escalate |ˈeskəˌlāt|
verb [ no obj. ]
increase rapidly: the price of tickets escalated | (as adj. escalating: the escalating cost of health care.
• become or cause to become more intense or serious: [ no obj. ] : the disturbance escalated into a full-scale riot | [ with obj. ] : we do not want to escalate the war.

Now there is a new definition, and it pertains directly to client service, it’s the newest way of telling you, to piss off and stop wasting their time, as they have better things to do then listen to you, as you have just rudely interrupted their conversation with colleagues about what next to eat, mouths still full, of course.
I just made 12 calls and spent 39 minutes and 48 seconds, and I checked, and calculated all the time spent, trying to pay a bill. I called the client service center, got forced to listen a whole range of options and followed them, to eventually arrive at the finance department, but “no, this is not the right center, you now need to call this number”. Fine no problem, make the next call, sit through all the options again, and at last through to some one, who tells me no, this is the wrong company, you need to call this number, great thank you ok I do it all again, sit through all the options again, eventually get through to another person, who then tells me I have the wrong department, and transfers me to yet another person who informs me that they don’t do payments and I need to call the service center to make the payment. After eleven calls, I’m fuming, but it doesn’t help to loose your cool, so I dial again, sit through all the options again, get through to another person, knowing I’m really frustrated, but holding it in, I explain what has just happened, and that there seems to be a problem, all I want to do is pay a bill, she tells me “I’m sorry sir, I will have to escalate this” So what the fuck does that mean? You are going to rapidly jump up and do something about this, or you are going go to war on my ass over this? So when will you get back to me on this? Ten to fourteen working days???? Very ESCALATED, what the hell is going on, I called my service provider about the costs on my account, guess what, they told me they will have to escalate my request. That word again, and I still don’t know what it means.
My service provider got back to me two weeks later by the way, they see no problem with my account, I told them there is definitely a problem, and guess what, they are escalating my problem again.
Why don’t they just say it like it is, “FUCK OFF ASSHOLE, ALL WE WANT IS YOUR MONEY, AND COULDN’T GIVE A SHIT IF YOU GOT THE SERVICE YOU PAY FOR!!!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg