Skip to main content

Joburg, joburger....

I just spent 6 days working in Johannesburg, and had a blast, besides the odd niggle, and the pollution, a lot hasn't changed since I left 5 years ago.
I arrived Tuesday, and after popping into Randburg Motorcycles, an experience that has left a bitter taste in my mouth, Rob and I went to his place and set up the studio, awesome place, in a beautiful garden, everything set up right, perfect and in the evening I did a cover/clean up of a piece.
Wednesday saw us make a quick tour of some of the studios in the northern suburbs, and found one has moved into my old premises in Greenside.... rather funny, popped in to see Thys, and Jen at Fallen Hero's before Sek's arrival and we then started his forearm


Then at 6 Pippa arrived for her session, but we stopped for a bite, the Veda and Deon arrived and My brother Sandy and his Girl and there daughter, so the house got crazy. My hostess Michelle whipped up a dinner for the ever increasing masses, and buy 9 I had to grab Pippa and start working or we just would not have gotten to tattooing her, as it is, I didn't get to finish the piece, but I will see her soon and get it done.

Friday I chilled with Rob, we chatted and just chilled out, and in the evening I did some work for Pedro, an addition to a piece I didi ten years ago, and just livened the whole shoulder up a bit. We then all went to Sakura for sushi, I was ravenous, so I think I nearly killed the sushi chef in having to keep up with me.... damn conveyor belt was a little slow, but a great meal.

Saturday started with the completion of Jacques back, this is the very first tattoo I did on him and over the last seven or eight years we have come a long way as he is heading to at least 60% coverage, looking at his back, I see at least a few more hours I could put into it. I then had Mich in for her old school anchor, she had the letters so I had to work around them, I think it's cool.



Sunday started early with more for to Nicci's back, final touches to Michelle, and 3 hours into Robs Geisha/Shiva/Mermaid color sleeve


Monday Rob and I met Nicci for a quick bite on the way out to the airport, and with that I flew home to my Island and my puppy girl Laika, who almost had a fit she was so glad to see me, she ran and threw herself at me, almost knocking me over... What a pooch.
I have left this post for to long so it does more read like a list than anything else, but it does sum the week up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo