Skip to main content

Time

Hello again, and once again it's been a while so I will apologies right away...

TIME.... well it's fleeting alright, and before you know it the day is done and the next, then the week, and month and pretty soon years, it waits for no one. Written about, sung about, "time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth" whatever David meant who knows... and as for "Tiiiiiiiiimme is on my side" well Mick it certainly ain't, but formaldehyde and surgery might be, but time, I'm not so sure, and it brings me to my issue.

I love my periodontist, she is awesome, friendly, explained everything that has to happen, how it's going to happen and so on. She has even helped me out on the costing of my implant, oh I hadn't told you yet. I tooth got broken many years ago in an accident, it was repaired but after 18 years.... it was done, and I need an implant. As I usually do I have digressed my point was, I have an appointment for 16H30, I'm there 15 minutes early so as not to be late, cause shit happens on the way and who knows, so I'm always 10 to15 mins early. I wait till 17H00 before my Dr actually gets to see me. Obviously I kicked up a stink and everyone is apologetic and she's such a cool lady that any anger just vanishes and as I said before she's just great, the point is though, I waisted away a half hour, now that sounds like nothing to whine about right? Do me a favour, take a little of that precious time, and think about how much of your time has been stolen from you by waiting for others to be on time.... I think that one might be alarmed at how much time is waisted, and imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, if I had arrived an half hour late, I certainly would not have been seen to and charged for missing my appointment.

So the time you have on this earth is yours, do with it what you will, but be aware, that "time is fleeting and madness takes it's toll.... I remember doing the time warp" seriously in a blink of an eye you will be looking at grandchildren and wondering where it all went, hopefully not too much of it wasted or stolen away.


Here is a piece I wanted to share with you, I hope you all love it


And thanks go out to my friend Mary d'Aloisio for turning me on to this band



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo

David Bowie's 50th Birthday Bash Pt 6 - Space Boy with The Foo Fighters.mpg