Skip to main content

Wow... Crazy stuff

What a past couple of months... things have been all crazy with so much going on some really great, but some really bad the worst of which has been my baby girl Laika, has had to have a huge growth from her anal canal removed, the surgery went well and she is home now even though very uncomfortable. It has just made me so aware again of how fragile life is, and just how much a part of me little Laika is, I have had a few dogs, and each very special, but Laika, she some how is "that" dog. Now we hope to have her recover well and heal well.

The other is a friends heart attack, though mild, a physically fit and healthy guy, younger than I, and just like that, it happened, it is just so crazy, the message caught me so by surprise at first I found the whole thing hard to believe, but fortunately it's under control and he's going to be fine.

On the positive side, I have finally done what I said I was going to do for quite some time, and I have opened a studio the way I want, the kind of place that felt like my lounge, and not some shopfront. The Cape Town Tattoo Social Club, is just awesome, high up on the 3rd floor, with the most insane view from a huge balcony that wraps the building, make being here an experience. The Victorian inspired studio space is warm and comfortable and is set up like a lounge that clients can visit and just spend some time with us.

http://www.capetownmagazine.com/lifestyle/cape-town-tattoo-social-club/28_22_19092

There is so much more to tell, but I just ran out of steam, and Laika's finally asleep, so I'm gonna try get a few more hours in myself.






Comments

  1. Great article about the club, looking forward to coming to hang out with you guys soon! Sorry to hear about little Laika girl :( glad to hear she is getting better. Lots of love & hugs for you, Nicci & Laika baby <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Happiness

At this time of year when everyone is reminded that being a human being is being kind and loving, forgiving and tolerant, I feel that it's all bullshit, this is not a state for the holidays, this should be a constant state and something we should strive towards in our everyday lives. I blogged about being a "mensch" and perhaps it's good to remind ourselves what it means to be one. what follows is that blog A while ago I mentioned being a “mensch” and I was not really clear on what it means. A good friend and client brought this in for me, it’s part of an article written by Charlotte Cohen, and it sums it up well. What is a honourable mensch It is a voice, and the understanding behind it. It is the eyes, and the intelligence behind them. It is the recognition that support is needed, and asked for, giving it And the kindness that lies behind all of that. It’s keeping quiet when one ought and speaking when one should and knowing the difference. It’s giving pr

These gay days it seems

 In light of what we are seeing in the world today, specially in the US, I am always reminded of this song. In 76 this was an issue and it's half a century later and it feels more relevant than ever, why must people live in fear for being themselves, in fear of living when those around them do so without a thought for anyone else. We have allowed those loudest voices to rob us of compassion and love for one another, we have allowed them to brow beat us into hiding who we are, who our kids are, and in turn robbing us all of a future. I am not as kind as Rod about those that killed Georgie, in that time ignorance my have been a factor, today however this is not ignorance, this is malevolence, orchestrated hate. If this song doesn't touch you, go take a hard look in the mirror, I bet you won't like what you see. Oh yeah In these days of changing ways So called liberated days A story comes to mind of a friend of mine Georgie boy was gay I guess Nothin' more or nothin' l

Mr Lucky's Cape Town Tattoo